Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 5: Camden Yards

The last few days have been uneventful- just work and lazy evenings.  But this afternoon marked the end of work and the beginning of vacation- PAR-TAY!

After work we headed back to Baltimore to catch an Orioles game.  Mark is a huge baseball fan, and he is sort of obsessed with Camden Yards.  I listened as he told me about how he sat cross-legged in front of the television as he watched Cal Ripken Jr. break the record for the most consecutive games played.  I relived all the moments where he chose Camden Yards as the stadium his Nintendo team played in.  I learned Babe Ruth's whole life story- the house he was born in once stood in what is center field today.

In short, I sat back and let Mark shine in the glory of Camden Yards.

And it was wonderful.

Here are some pictures;




This made me laugh- notice all the typical grilled foods, and then...crab cakes?!  That's how you know you're in Maryland.

Tomorrow we check out of the hotel we've been staying in and move to a hotel in the city.  I hope the government gets their budget figured out so that things don't shut down!

No comments:

Post a Comment